My First Visit to Dayspring Dental
Your first visit at Dayspring will be a different kind of dental experience. Many people tell us they have never had a more thorough exam at a dentist than the one they had here at Dayspring! We are not like the typical high volume office where you have a 1 minute exam with the doctor, and feel like nobody actually listened to you.
So the first step at our office is to get to know you and your concerns. The first question we typically ask is “What can we do for you today? What is your dental story?” We are a relationship based practice, and to establish this relationship takes several steps:
- Step 1- Terri, our hygienist, will start with a review of your medical history, dental history, and take your blood pressure and pulse. Your general health and dental health are intertwined. Many issues, such as diabetes, can be identified through dental issues.
- Step 2- We will take necessary x-rays and do a thorough exam of your teeth, gums, TMJ and oral soft tissues, including an oral cancer screening. We will also take photos of your teeth and gums. We will review these photos with you so you can understand your dental health. Remember, seeing is understanding!
- Step 3- If your gums are healthy, Terri will clean your teeth on this first visit. If they are not, we will go over what type of gum therapy will return them to health.
- Step 4- Depending on your particular case, we may take more detailed photos, or even models of your mouth. We may recommend a 3D CBCT scan if you need more extensive treatment. In more complex cases we will follow up with a consultation visit to go over your treatment options, make sure you understand them, and help you decide on a treatment plan that is right for you.
Why do we do all this? Because that is how we would want to be treated. You won’t find this approach at the vast majority of dental offices. And you definitely won’t find this approach at a corporate owned chain office. Our approach is tailored to each individual. And we wouldn’t practice any other way!
Common Dental Problems
- My tooth hurts!
- I feel a hole in my tooth
- A piece of my tooth broke off
- My teeth are sensitive to cold things
- My gums bleed when I brush. Is that normal?
- I'm embarrassed to smile
- I wish my teeth were whiter