I WISH MY TEETH WERE WHITER
There are a variety of tooth whitening options available. They run from "I want to make my teeth a little whiter" to "I want movie star white".
- Crest Whitestrips- This is the "entry level" option most people are familiar with. It does work and get your teeth whiter. There are 2 main disadvantages. The first is that you have to use it for several weeks to get a really white smile. The second is that it causes the most sensitivity of any tooth whitening system. This is because in order to transport it on non-refrigerated trucks and keep it on store shelves, it has to be made acidic so it doesn't go bad. That acidity causes sensitivity. The products we use in the office are shipped refrigerated from the manufacturer and stored in the refrigerator, so they are non-acidic and cause very little sensitivity.
- Take home whitening- This is the first step in professional whitening. Trays are worn for approximately 2 weeks to whiten your teeth.
- Power bleaching- If you want your teeth the whitest they can be, we recommend using the take home whitening for about 2 weeks followed by an office whitening that takes about an hour and a half. This will get your teeth the whitest they can be.
We are proud to use Ultradent Opalescence brand and Kor brand whitening products, which are well known in the dental field for their excellent results. Many of you have probably heard of "Zoom" whitening. We do not use Zoom because they use a bleaching light which research shows is not necessary for the bleaching process to work. It's simply a gimmick the company uses to make it appear that their system is different. They also charge dentists a lot of money for that light, which means they must charge more for the whitening. We base everything we do here on science and results, not gimmicks.
Common Dental Problems
- My tooth hurts!
- I feel a hole in my tooth
- A piece of my tooth broke off
- My teeth are sensitive to cold things
- My gums bleed when I brush. Is that normal?
- I'm embarrassed to smile
- I wish my teeth were whiter